Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of this Agreement, including the additional terms and conditions and policies referred to and/or made available via hyperlink, govern your use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting ("Accounting"), the Website and Applications, and are binding and enforceable against all persons that access Accounting, the Website and Applications or any part thereof. By accepting these terms and conditions and/or continuing to use Accounting, the Website and Applications, you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must stop using Accounting, the Website and Applications now, as further use will automatically bind you to this Agreement. If at any time you do not accept this Agreement in full, you are not permitted to use Accounting, the Website or Applications, or any part thereof, and must cease to do so immediately.
If you access Accounting, the Website or Applications via a third party Business Partner, then you will be bound to terms of such third party Business Partner as well as this Agreement. On termination of any contract with such third party Business Partner, should you continue to use Accounting, the Website or Applications, then you will continue to be bound to the whole of this Agreement, which remains applicable.
We may at any time amend this Agreement without notice. You are responsible for reviewing this Agreement and the Website periodically for any such changes and for on each occasion that you revisit Accounting, the Website and Applications. If you continue to use Accounting, the Website and Application after changes are made, you are deemed to have accepted the amended Agreement.
This Agreement is concluded by:
Sage Software Australia Pty Limited (ACN071 007 326) whose registered office is at Level11, Zenith Tower B, 821 Pacific Highway, Chatswood NSW 2067, (“Sage”, “we” or “us”) and you, the person, business entity or sole trader, using Accounting, the Website or Applications and shall to the extent relevant, include any of your employees or Subscriber Business Partners using the Website or Accounting (“you”).
Authority to Act
If you are registering to access and use Accounting for the first time in the capacity of an employee or contractor of a separate corporate entity, partnership or similar business entity, you must have the authority of that business entity to:
- a. Use Accounting and the Website for that entity’s business; and
- b. Accept this Agreement on behalf of that entity.
Accordingly, you confirm and warrant to Sage that:
- - You are authorised to accept this Agreement on behalf of the business entity which you represent;
- - This Agreement governs the use by you and / or your business of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications;
- - You, and the business entity which you represent together with its employees, will comply with all its terms.
- 1.1. “Access Fee” means the fees payable by you in accordance with the fee schedule set out on the Website, Sage Business Cloud Accounting and/or Applications as the case may be (which Sage may change from time to time);
- 1.2. “Affiliate” means, in relation to a legal entity, any person which Controls that entity, is under that entity’s Control or is Controlled by the same person who Controls that entity, where “Control” means possessing, directly or indirectly, the ability to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies or operations of an entity, whether through ownership of voting securities, by contract or otherwise, and “Controlled” shall have a corresponding meaning;
- 1.3. “Agreement” means these terms and conditions of use, as published and amended from time to time on the Website and/or Applications;
- 1.4 “Applications” means the mobile and desktop applications through which Sage may also permit the remote access and use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting;
- 1.5. “Business Partner” means a business, independent of Sage, which is an authorised provider of Sage Business Cloud Accounting;
- 1.6. “Collection Agent” means a business independent of Sage, which is appointed by Sage to invoice and collect fees, charges and any applicable taxes.
- 1.7. “Company Data” means any financial data inputted by Business Partner or Subscriber Business Partners into Accounting;
- 1.8. “Confidential Information” includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including on Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party or is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure or is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party or is independently developed or received without access to the Subscriber Business Partner;
- 1.9. “Contractors” means any third parties appointed by Sage to perform our obligations on our behalf in respect of this Agreement;
- 1.10. “ET Act” means the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (Cth) (as amended from time to time),;
- 1.11. “Intellectual Property” means any content, domain names, patent, trademark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how, software, database, text, graphics, icons and hyperlinks and any other intellectual or industrial property, anywhere in the world whether or not registered;
- 1.12. “Page” means a website page of Sage Business Cloud Accounting or the Website, unless specified otherwise;
- 1.13. “Sage Business Cloud Accounting” means our accounting and business software accessed through the Website;
- 1.14. “Subscriber Business Partner” means any individual permitted by you to use Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications;
- 1.15. “User Details” means the contact, personal and similar information of the Subscriber Business Partner; and
- 1.16. “Website” means the website pages relating to Accounting accessible at http://accounting.sageone.com.au (and such other URLs as may be publicised from time to time), permitting the remote access and use of Accounting.
- In this Agreement, references to a “person” includes an individual, sole trader, partnership, body corporate, an unincorporated association of persons and any other legal entity; technical expressions shall have the relevant meaning commonly attributed to them in the computer software business sector in Australia; the use of the word “including” and similar expressions will be construed as illustrative and not exhaustive; notwithstanding the fact that hyperlinks in this Agreement to copyright notices and legislation should be deemed part of this Agreement in terms of section 8 of the ET Act, the fact that some or all of the hyperlinks may be non-operational from time to time shall not play a role in determination of the validity and interpretation of this Agreement.
2. Subscription and use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- 2.1. Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications are only intended for business use. You warrant that you will only use Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications for business purposes.
- 2.2. We may require you to register before we supply any services via this Website or Applications. When you register, you agree to provide, true, accurate, up-to-date and complete User Details as required by the relevant registration made available to you via this Website or Applications.
- 2.3. You can purchase a subscription to access and use Accounting by following the relevant process on the Website or Applications. Should you subscribe to use Accounting (whether prior to or after the expiry of any free trial period) you shall be bound for the full duration of the subscription period selected.
- 2.4. We will not keep a separate record of the contract relating to your specific subscription for Accounting, so it will not be available from us. We therefore strongly recommend you print a copy of this Agreement, both before and after you submit your payment details. Sage will supply you with a tax invoice, either directly or through appointed Collection Agent or Business Partner, transmitted via email. The transmitted electronic document will constitute the original tax invoice. No other tax invoice, credit or debit note will be issued in respect of the specific supply, unless as a copy of the original document.
- 2.5. Sage grants you a non-exclusive and non-assignable licence to access and use Accounting strictly via the Website and Applications with the user roles according to your subscription type and in accordance with this Agreement.
- 2.6. For so long as you pay the Access Fee and any other applicable charges, you may permit the agreed number of Subscriber Business Partners to access and use the relevant subscription for Accounting. You agree to ensure that those Subscriber Business Partners comply with this Agreement. Those Subscriber Business Partners must only use the relevant subscription for Accounting as follows for their own (or their employer’s) accounting and finance and related purposes:
- 2.6.1. as permitted by and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- 2.6.2. in the course of their (or their employer’s) own business; and
- 2.6.3. with their own (or their employer’s) Company Data only.
- 2.7. From time to time, you may change the identity of the individuals who are Subscriber Business Partners. We reserve the right to limit the number of times, or the frequency with which you can do this. We may consult with you before exercising this right.
- 2.8. If a Subscriber Business Partner is not the employee of a subscriber to Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the subscriber must ensure that such Subscriber Business Partner:
- a. complies with this Agreement; and
- b. uses the relevant Company Data in Sage Business Cloud Accounting in accordance with that subscriber’s instructions.
- 2.9. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, where the Business Partner is utilising Sage Business Cloud Accounting to provide accounting, consulting or other similar services on behalf of a business entity, then in such circumstances, where the Company Data relates to that of a business entity other than that of the Business Partner, Sage reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to transfer such Company Data to an alternate subscription, and the Business Partner shall have no recourse against Sage in this regard.
- 3.1. You agree to:
- 3.1.1. ensure that your User Details and other information given in relation to your use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications are, and are maintained to be, true and accurate;
- 3.1.2. use Accounting, the Website and Applications for your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with this Agreement and any notice sent by Sage or condition posted on the Website or Applications;
- 3.1.3. comply with your contractual obligations to the Business Partner through which you have been granted access to the Website, Applications and/or Accounting, if applicable;
- 3.1.4. ensure that all account credentials required to access the Accounting, the Website and Applications are kept secure and confidential and to immediately notify Sage of any unauthorised use of your account credentials or any other breach of security. In such instances, it shall be your obligation to immediately reset your password and to maintain security. In any event, it is deemed good practice to regularly reset your password to maintain data security;
- 3.1.5. notify us, if, at any time you become aware of any unauthorised use of the account credentials of your Subscriber Business Partners, or any other security-related matter with Accounting, the Website and Applications, and to co-operate with us to the extent reasonably necessary to rectify the security breach;
- 3.1.6. ensure that the Subscriber Business Partners who access Accounting on your account comply with the terms of this Agreement;
- 3.1.7. only store the maximum amount of data, if any, as may be prescribed from time to time on Accounting, the Website or Applications corresponding to your subscription. If at any time you exceed the amount of any specified limit, for so long as you do so, Sage may charge you at its then-standard rates for additional storage.
- 3.2. Except as expressly permitted by another clause of this Agreement or by separate written arrangement with us, you agree not to and agree to ensure that no Subscriber Business Partners:
- 3.2.1. permit any other person, directly or indirectly, to access, use or otherwise exploit the right and ability to use Sage Business Cloud Accounting in any way, including by permitting Sage Business Cloud Accounting to be either
- a. re-sold, distributed, sublicensed, loaned, transferred or provided to others in a similar way; or
- b. used as a hosted, bureau, outsourcing, or similar service;
- 3.2.2. use or copy (irrespective of the extent of copying) the whole or any part of the graphic user interface of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications for incorporation into or the development of any software or other product or technology.
- 3.3. When accessing and using Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications, you must:
- 3.3.1. not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Sage computing systems or networks or, where Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications is hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
- 3.3.2. not use, or misuse Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications in any way which may impair the functionality of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications, or impair the ability of any other user to use Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications;
- 3.3.3. not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which you have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications is hosted;
- 3.3.4. not transmit, or input into Sage Business Cloud Accounting, any files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or User Details or Company Data in violation of any law (including data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which you do not have the right to use);
- 3.3.5. not modify, translate, or create derivative works based on Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications, nor reproduce, reverse assemble, decompile or reverse engineer Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications, whether in whole or in part, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats, programming of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications or any files contained in or generated by Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications, nor shall you permit any third party to do so; and
- 3.3.6. not merge or combine the whole or any part of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications with any other software or documentation without the prior written consent of Sage.
- 3.4. Sage’s obligations shall be to provide you with access to Sage Business Cloud Accounting (which access may not necessarily be uninterrupted), including technical support by email as described on the Website and/or Applications.
- 3.1. You agree to:
4. Payment of Charges
- 4.1. All payment shall be made in accordance with the payment section on the Website and/or Applications.
- 4.2. If you pay your Access Fee or any other subscription charges to an entity separate from Sage (e.g. if you obtained access via an accountant, Collection Agent or Business Partner), you agree to nonetheless remain to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
- 4.3. Where applicable Sage may appoint Collection Agents or Business Partners to invoice and collect fees, charges and any applicable taxes on its behalf.
- 4.4. Subscriptions for Sage Business Cloud Payroll with Sage Business Cloud Accounting are for a minimum of 1 year (12 months) in duration and are paid annually in advance.
- 4.5. If the customer cancels the subscription for Sage Business Cloud Payroll with Sage Business Cloud Accounting at any time prior to the anniversary date of the annual subscription all remaining amounts equating to the remaining term of the subscription must be paid to Sage.
5. Confidentiality, Privacy of Company Data and User Information and Interception of Communications
- 5.1. We undertake to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Business Partners and to comply with all applicable legislation.
- 5.2. In respect of access to Company Data and User Details:
- 5.2.1. The Company Data entered, or imported on instruction, by you, remains your property and we will not use nor make available for use any of this information without your permission.
- 5.2.2. We do not have access to your password and are therefore unable to access your account or Company Data, except where we have received your consent in this regard.
- 5.2.3. We will never access the details of any Company Data entered and stored by you. We will never access system usage history for a specific identifiable user, except where granted permission by that person to assist with resolution of a system issue or error.
- 5.3. We electronically collect, store and use, and you supply to us, Company Data and User Details as we request from you via the Website and Accounting, and such other information as we may from time to time reasonably request. You warrant that this information is true and accurate.
- 5.4. You agree to our use, storage and disclosure of information, Company Data and User Details for the following purposes:
- 5.4.1. We will use your User Details, for exercising our rights and for performing our legal obligations under this Agreement. We may use it to contact you, via your relevant or nominated personnel or our Business Partners, about our other relevant products and services, to conduct research about our customers and to track and record the manner in which you and your Subscriber Business Partners use Accounting, the Website and Applications. Contact may be made via our third party Contractors, Business Partners or Affiliates. You acknowledge that there is certain information that we must use in order to be able to provide Accounting, including names and email addresses of your Subscriber Business Partners. If for any reason we are not permitted to use such information, we may not be able to perform our obligations in this Agreement. You acknowledge that in such circumstances you will still be obliged to pay our charges, in accordance with clause 4.
- 5.4.2. We will only use your Company Data stored via Accounting, the Website or Applications to the extent necessary for us to provide Accounting for performing our rights and obligations in this Agreement and for performing our legal obligations and in accordance with this clause 5. We acknowledge that your Company Data is your proprietary and confidential data and that under no circumstances may we exploit that data for our own purposes not specifically relating to providing you Accounting, save where you have consented to the contrary.
- 5.4.3. The information, which you submit and store via Accounting, may be stored on Sage’s computer servers which servers may be controlled, hosted and managed by our Affiliate or third party Contractors who shall be bound to these confidentiality and privacy provisions.
- 5.4.4. We will disclose your User Details and other relevant information (including User Details of your Subscriber Business Partners, if necessary) to our Affiliates and third party Contractors who assist us (and our Affiliates) to provide Accounting, the Website and Applications, who shall be bound to these confidentiality and privacy provisions.
- 5.4.5. You agree to bring this Agreement to the attention of your Subscriber Business Partners, to help ensure that they understand and consent to our use of their information, including User Details. This is so that we may provide Accounting to them on your behalf.
- 5.4.6. We may access and use non-identifying and aggregated usage information and transaction volumes in order to better understand how our customers are using Accounting so we can improve the system design and where appropriate have the system prompt users with suggestions on ways to improve their own use of the system.
- 5.5. All other information not dealt with in this clause shall constitute Confidential Information and shall not be disclosed to any other party without the prior written consent of the owner of such information first being obtained.
- 5.6. Sage owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Sage.
- 5.8. Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the parties further agree to comply with the data protection and privacy terms set out in https://www.sage.com/au/data-processing-addendum.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
- 6.1. All right, title, ownership, benefit and interest in and to, and all Intellectual Property in Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications, the design and content of Accounting, the Website and Applications and any documentation relating thereto remain the property of Sage. All rights to Intellectual Property in respect of Accounting, the Website and Applications are reserved. The exclusive right to authorise or prohibit the direct or indirect, temporary or permanent reproduction of the Intellectual Property by any means and in any form, in whole or in part, and to make the Intellectual Property available to the public, and to distribute any copyright protected material in Accounting, the Website and Applications shall remain with Sage.
- 6.2. You may not use the Intellectual Property and any third-party trademarks that appear on Accounting, the Website or Applications, other than as permitted by express written licence from Sage or by law. In particular, you may not use the marks as meta-tags nor may you sponsor them in search engines. All goodwill in your legitimate use of the marks shall accrue to Sage. You are required to notify us immediately if you become aware of any infringement of the Intellectual Property and rights thereto.
- 6.3. Accounting, the Website and Applications may incorporate technical and other protective measures designed to prevent unauthorised and/or illegal use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting. You agree to the incorporation of any such measures in Accounting.
- 6.4. If, in our reasonable opinion, Accounting, the Website or Applications are likely to become or do become the subject of a claim of infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights, we may elect to either:
- 6.4.1. obtain the right for you to continue using Accounting, the Website or Applications as permitted under this Agreement; or
- 6.4.2. modify or replace the infringing part of Accounting, the Website or Applications so as to avoid the infringement or alleged infringement, without materially reducing the functionality or performance of Accounting, the Website or Applications
- 6.5. In the circumstances per clause 6.4 above you must:
- 6.5.1. promptly notify us of any claim or threatened claim concerning the use of Accounting, the Website or Applications;
- 6.5.2. not independently defend or respond to such claim or threatened claim; and
- 6.5.3. co-operate with us in the defence of any such claim or threatened claim, subject to our payment of your third party costs incurred in providing such cooperation.
- 6.6. Clauses 6.4 and 6.5 state your exclusive remedy in connection with any claim or threatened claim in relation to the Intellectual Property rights of a third party.
- 6.7. “Sage”, “SAGE”, “Sage Business Cloud Accounting” and “Sage PLC” are registered trademarks and you agree not to use any such trademarks as an element of a domain name or sub-domain name, notwithstanding the fact that such domain name use and registration may be permitted in terms of any law. Upon request, you shall immediately cease to use such domain name and transfer it to Sage at your cost.
7. Disclaimers and Liabilities
- 7.1. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that Accounting will give the functionality and levels of service as described on the Website and Applications when used in accordance with it and this Agreement. If you believe our provision of the Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications does not conform to this undertaking, you should notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7.2. We do not warrant:
- 7.2.1. that Accounting, the Website or Applications will be continuously available, or that your use thereof will be uninterrupted or error or bug-free, or that Accounting, the Website or Applications and server will be free from attack;
- 7.2.2. that all the information we provide on Accounting, the Website and Applications is correct and complete, but we nevertheless undertake to use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that all the information we provide on Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications is correct and complete at the time of the last update to the relevant page;
- 7.2.3. that Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications will meet your requirements and, for this purpose, it is specifically recorded that Accounting is provided “as is” and it is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that it meets your requirements and is compatible with your hardware and software prior to making use thereof;
- 7.2.4. that Accounting, the Website or Applications results of use will be correct, accurate or reliable;
- 7.2.5. that any defects in the Accounting, the Website or Applications can or will be corrected.
- 7.3. Subject to the provisions of any applicable legislation and save as otherwise provided in this Agreement, Sage (including its directors, employees, affiliates, third-party Contractors, business partners, Internet service providers and agents) shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature incurred by whomever and you agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all costs (including the costs of enforcement), expenses, liabilities (including any tax liability), injuries, direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, but are not limited to, pure economic loss, loss of income, loss of profits, loss of data, anticipated savings, loss of business, loss or depletion of goodwill, interruption of business and loss similar to all the preceding types of loss), damages, claims, demands, proceedings and judgments which we incur or suffer in any way arising from the following:
- 7.3.1. access to the Accounting, the Website or Applications;
- 7.3.2. access to websites linked (including hyperlinked) to the Website or Applications;
- 7.3.3. inability to access the Website or Applications;
- 7.3.4. inability to access websites linked to the Website or Applications;
- 7.3.5. services or software available from the Website or Applications (including Sage Business Cloud Accounting);
- 7.3.6. content available on the Website or Applications;
- 7.3.7. downloads and use of content on the Website or Applications;
- 7.3.8. any failure to perform our obligations in this Agreement due to causes beyond our reasonable control including any interruption to or failure of any website, your computer, associated supporting system not provided by us and used by you, telecommunications services, third-party and / or electricity supply service not provided by us, including the Internet;
- 7.3.9. your breach of any of the terms of this Agreement;
- 7.3.10. use of Accounting, the Website or Applications other than in accordance with this Agreement; or
- 7.3.11. any other reason not directly related to Sage’s gross negligence.
- 7.4. To the maximum extent permitted by law all undertakings and warranties given by us under this Agreement are exclusive and all other terms, warranties, representations, undertakings and conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise are excluded.
- 7.5. To the extent we are liable, our total liability (and that of any Affiliate, Business Partner or third-party Contractor) shall not exceed the amount of charges actually paid by you to use Accounting, the Website or Applications in the year prior to the date the circumstances causing such liability first arose. The limitation of liability in this clause 7 has been calculated to be proportionate to the charges paid by you to use Sage Business Cloud Accounting and takes into account the fact that it is not within our control how and for what purposes you use Accounting.
- 8.1. We may terminate this Agreement at any time by written notice, effective immediately, if you:
- 8.1.1. materially breach any term of this Agreement and either that breach is incapable of remedy or you have not remedied that breach within 7 (seven) days after receiving written notice requiring you to remedy it;
- 8.1.2. fail to pay when due any charges payable to us or stop paying for use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting; or
- 8.1.3. are liquidated provisionally or finally, placed under judicial management, commit an act of insolvency or enter into, or attempt to enter into compromise with your creditors.
- 8.2. Subject to clause 8.3, upon termination of this Agreement however caused, we will stop your ability to access Accounting, so that you will no longer be able to access and use Accounting. You acknowledge that you may no longer be able to access your Company Data via Sage Business Cloud Accounting from this time.
- 8.3. If this Agreement is terminated and you notify us at the time of notice of termination that you require further access to your Company Data, we may provide you with access to Accounting for a period of 5 (five) calendar days in order that you may print out your Company Data, subject to the following:
- a. it is possible that we may have deleted your Company Data, and not be able to provide it to you; and
- b. we may charge you for providing you with access to your Company Data; and
- c. if your account remains in arrears for 90 (ninety) days, we may delete your Company Data.
- 8.4. If we terminate this Agreement in accordance with clause 8.1 we may irretrievably delete your Company Data from the effective date of termination.
- 8.5. Any termination of this Agreement will not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either party, nor shall it affect the coming into force, or the continuance in force, of any provision of this Agreement which is expressly or by implication intended to come into force or continue in force on or after termination.
- 8.1. We may terminate this Agreement at any time by written notice, effective immediately, if you:
9. Notices and Address
If you subscribe to Accounting (including any applicable free trial period), the following terms and conditions shall apply to you.
- 9.1. Your communication with us must be by email to our email address contained on the Website.
- 9.2. Our communication with you shall be via those details provided on registration.
- 9.3. All legal notices given under this Agreement shall be in writing to the physical address of such party delivered by hand. Legal notices under this Agreement addressed specifically to either of us will be effective on actual receipt by the intended recipient.
- 9.4. As a condition of this Agreement, if you use any communication tools available through Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website or Applications, you agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes in accordance with the acceptable use provisions of this Agreement
10. Acceptable use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Application
- 10.1. It is impossible to provide an exhaustive list of exactly what constitutes acceptable and unacceptable use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications. In general, we will not tolerate any use of Accounting, the Website and Applications which damages or is likely to damage our reputation, the availability or integrity of Accounting, the Website and Applications or which causes us or threatens to cause us to incur any legal, tax or regulatory liability.
- 10.2. We therefore require you to treat Accounting, the Website and Applications with respect, and not to use same for any illegal purpose, or in such a way as to infringe or breach other’s rights or to cause or threaten to cause us damage. We require you to comply with any relevant notices, policies and terms imposed by third parties whose website, products or services you access through the Website or Applications.
- 10.3. You must not use the Website or Applications or any communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of Accounting, the Website or Applications including: offers of goods or services for sale, files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any of our other users, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which you do not have the right to use).
- 10.4. When you make any communication on the Website or Applications, you represent that you own the content of the communication.
- 10.5. We reserve the right to remove any communication posted on the Website or Applications, suspend the use of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications and generally or block your access to any part thereof and / or to suspend or terminate your rights to use same or any part of it if we suspect misuse at any time in our sole discretion. We shall then report any misuse of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, the Website and Applications to the relevant enforcement or other authorities and to our advisers. We further reserve the right to disclose any evidence we have which relates directly or indirectly to misuse.
- 11.1. Links to the Website and Applications are permitted, subject to first obtaining our prior written consent although we reserve the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- 11.2. You are not entitled (nor shall you assist others) to set up links from your own website to the Website or Applications by deep-linking, framing or otherwise, without our prior written consent, which consent may be withheld at our absolute discretion, and without the need to provide a reason.
- 11.3. The Website or Applications may include hyperlinks to third party sites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information, you provide to the third party. The products, services and websites of third party providers made available via this website may be owned and operated by independent suppliers. While we may co-brand these products or services with our own, we do not endorse those products or services or warrant the products, services or accuracy or reliability of any information provided to you by such third parties.
12. Our promises relating to Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- 12.1. You agree that you are bound to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, which is concluded in Sydney, Australia at the time you enter the Website or Applications for the first time or after you have accepted this Agreement as required on the Website or Applications.
- 12.2. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Sage and supersedes all other documentation, information and other communication.
- 12.3. Any failure by Sage to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- 12.4. In the event that any term or condition detailed herein is found to be unenforceable or invalid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement. The remaining terms and conditions shall remain enforceable and applicable.
- 12.5. Notwithstanding that we may use Contractors that are based outside of Australia for the performance of our obligations under this Agreement, the Website and Applications are hosted, controlled and operated from Australia and therefore the Australian law enforced by the Australian courts governs the use of the Website, its content, services, software and this Agreement. Use of Accounting in respect of illegal business activities may additionally attract criminal liabilities in the jurisdiction where the cloud hosting service provider Contractor resides.
- 12.6. We do not recommend or endorse any other entity, including any third parties who make Accounting available to you – if you wish to engage with such an organisation, you should investigate its experience, skills and qualifications. No third party is appointed or authorised by us as our servant or agent, nor has any authority, either express or implied, to amend this Agreement, or to enter into any contract, provide any representation, warranty or guarantee with or to you on our behalf, or otherwise make commitments for us in any way whatsoever. You agree that we will not be responsible for any act or omission of any third party including any services provided by it in relation to the Accounting, including any administration of it.